Ronald Blue Scholarship
Ronald Blue Trust is offering a $2,500 scholarship to three undergraduate students who have demonstrated academic achievement and a passion for biblically-based financial advising. One scholarship will be awarded to a student attending an accredited Historically Black College and University (HBCU).
To be eligible* to apply for this scholarship, all of the following criteria must be met:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program in the United States and must have completed at least one semester with an undergraduate graduation date not earlier than May 2022**
- Majoring in Financial Planning, Finance, Accounting, or related field of study
- Maintaining a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Actively seeking a career in biblically-based financial advising
Watch this video to learn more about our biblically-based approach to financial planning.
*Relatives of current Ronald Blue Trust, Thrivent Trust Company, and Thrivent Financial employees are not eligible.
**You must have completed a GED or graduated from high school.
How To Apply
Application Window: March 29, 2021 – September 30, 2021
To complete the scholarship application, you will need to upload the following attachments (DOC, DOCX, HTML, PDF, or TXT file types – 5MB max):
- Your resume
- A copy of your current academic transcript
- An essay answering the following questions (max. 750 words):
- What factors or experiences have led you to pursue a career as a financial advisor?
- In addition to your academic coursework, how have you demonstrated a commitment to furthering your education and experience in the field of financial advising (clubs, volunteering, mentoring, etc.)?
- Ronald Blue Trust’s mission is to help Christians become financially free to assist in fulfilling the Great Commission (1 Timothy 6:17-19). Our business accomplishes this through integrating biblical principles into financial advice. What benefits do you see in integrating biblical principles into financial advice?
Please note that we are utilizing our online job application system to collect scholarship applications, and you will need to create an account using your email address. You can upload your Resume, Transcript, and Essay responses in the “Resume/CV” section. If you have any questions or encounter any technical issues, please contact us at [email protected].
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to reviewing your submission!
Applications must be received by 11:59:59 PM EST on September 30, 2021. By participating, each participant agrees to abide by the decisions of Ronald Blue Trust, which shall be final and binding in all respects to the scholarship. Entries must be submitted by the eligible student. Winners will be notified in early December 2021.